10x Micro-Mesh Assorted Polishing Cloths
Cushioned Abrasives for Polishing Writing Instruments
6″ x 4″ (15.2cm x 10.1cm)
1500 grade to 12,000 grade
A complete restoration polishing kit
Re-usable and long lasting
Micro-mesh polishing sheets for restoring and polishing. writing instruments.
An assorted 10 sheet kit, which ranges from a coarse 1500 to an ultra fine 12,000 grade capable of removing deep scratches and engravings all the way to bringing your writing instrument up to a shiny polish.
Our Micro-Mesh Polishing Kits include the following grades:
- 1 x 1500 Regular (Coarsest Grade)
- 1 x 1800 Regular
- 1 x 2400 Regular
- 1 x 3200 Regular
- 1 x 3600 Regular
- 1 x 4000 Regular
- 1 x 6000 Regular
- 1 x 8000 Regular
- 1 x 12000 Regular (Finest Grade)
Clean the instrument you are working on prior to abrading. Be sure to remove dust and dirt then dry and inspect.
We recommend taping any trim or delicate areas you do not wish to abrade with electrical tape
We also recommend wearing gloves to protect both the hands and the instrument and a face mask to prevent the inhalation of particles.
- Select the appropriate grade (this depends on how deep your scratches or imperfection are). A good place to start is 2400, this will remove most surface wear.
- Apply 3 or 4 drops of water to lubricate the sheet
- Apply the sheet with light pressure and rub along the work surface in a horizontal motion. Be sure to maintain light, even pressure and let the abrasive do the work. Rub the abrasive over the entire surface area.
- Inspect the surface with a bright light, you are aiming for a consistent scratch pattern and at this stage to remove the deepest scratch or imperfection. Spend 85% of time on this stage.
- Once satisfied the deepest scratch has been removed, you can repeat the above steps until you reach 12,000.
After 12,000 grade we recommend applying Pre-Lim abrasive paste, followed by Rennaissance polishing wax for lasting protection and a vivid shine.